At Auckland Airport Pet Services we strive to give you the best service to transport your precious pet to any destination in the Cook Islands.
Servicing Auckland International Airport to wherever in the world you are going – Cook Islands, Asia, Europe Australia, U.K., North and South America.
So for the best deal in pet transport to Cook Islands get a quote here or call us now on +64 09 216 6011.
We have put together a number of the regulations regarding Pet transport to the Cook Islands.
1. Statutory Authority
Pursuant to section 60 of the Animal Products Act 1999, I notify the following overseas market access requirements, entitled dogs and cats to the Cook Islands.
This notice takes effect from date of signing.
Dated at Wellington this 9th day of May 2005.
Signed: Karen Sparrow
MAF Biosecurity New Zealand
(pursuant to delegated authority)
2. Cook Island Requirements
Dogs and cats exported from New Zealand to the Cook Islands must comply with the import requirements of the Cook Islands listed in this notice as follows:
2.1 An import permit is required to export dogs and cats to the Cook Islands.
2.2 The owner/exporter of the animal must declare that:
2.2.1 During the 30 day period immediately preceding the date of export the animal has been free of symptoms of disease and has not been in contact with any animal displaying symptoms of disease
2.2.2 The animal has resided in the country of embarkment for at least 6 months prior to the scheduled date of export, or since birth if less than 6 months of age
2.2.3 The animal will be at least four months of age on the date of export.
2.3 An official veterinarian of New Zealand must certify the following:
2.3.1 I have no reason to doubt the owner’s/agent’s declaration
2.3.2 New Zealand has been officially free from rabies and Ehrlichia canis for the past 5 years
2.3.3 The animal was treated for ectoparasites using an effective insecticide against fleas and ticks within 3 days of the scheduled date of export. Dates of treatment, active ingredient.
2.3.4 In the case of dogs, the animal was:
22.214.171.124 Vaccinated against canine distemper, hepatitis and parvovirus infections at least 1 month and not more than 3 months prior to export. Date of vaccination.
126.96.36.199 At least 17 weeks of age at the time of the parvovirus vaccination
188.8.131.52 Treated for Hydatid tapeworm with praziquantel at a dose rate of 5 mg/kg within 3 days before the scheduled date of export. Date of treatment.
184.108.40.206 Treated with an anthelmintic effective against roundworms and whipworms within 3 days of scheduled date of export. Date of treatment.
2.3.5 In the case of cats, the animal was:
220.127.116.11 Vaccinated against feline enteritis (panleucopaenia) virus at least 1 month and not more than 12 months prior to export. Date of vaccination.
18.104.22.168 Vaccinated against feline rhinotracheitis virus and feline calicivirus at least 1 month and not more than 3 months prior to export. Date of vaccination.
22.214.171.124 At least 3 months of age at the time of the above vaccinations
126.96.36.199 Treated with an anthelmintic effective against roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms within 3 days of the scheduled date of export.
2.3.6 The animal was examined by an official veterinarian within 3 days of export and found to be free of clinical signs of disease and free of all ectoparasites (especially ticks)
2.3.7 No bedding of cereal or animal origin is accompanying the animal.
For the purposes of this document:
Any term or expression that is defined in the Animal Products Act 1999 and used, but not defined in this document, has the same meaning as in this Act.
OMAR B DOMANIEC.CKI 25.10.00 – dogs and cats to the Cook Islands is revoked and replaced by this OMAR notification.
This OMAR is based on import conditions from the Ministry of Agriculture, Rarotonga and supplied by an exporter in March 2005.
Additional Information on OMAR Notification: DOMANIEC.CKI 16.03.05
1. A permit to import must be obtained from the Secretary of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture, Cook Islands and the Cook Islands Police (refer to clause 5 below) prior to actual importation.
2. A separate certificate must accompany each individual animal and all pages must be endorsed with an official stamp.
3. The animal must be consigned to the Cook Islands only by air as manifested cargo.
4. In addition to the conditions set out by the Cook Islands Ministry of Agriculture the following are requirements with respect to the importation of dogs only into the Cook Islands, as required by the Police Department as per the Cook Islands Dogs Registration Amendment Act 1991:
4.1 All dogs imported into the Cook Islands also require a permit from the Police.
4.2 The importation into the Cook Islands of bulldogs, Dobermans, pit bull terriers, rottweilers (or any other breed of dog that the Police may specify from time to time) is prohibited.
4.3 All dogs imported into the Cook Islands must be neutered or spayed.
4.4 Dogs must be registered with the Police upon arrival in the Cook Islands.
(Please note: Clause 4 is a guide only. Importers are to consult the Police regarding the importation of dogs; as the Cook Islands Ministry of Agriculture will not be liable for any errors made by the importer in regard to these requirements.)
5. The actual date of embarkation and the Airline/Flight Number must be advised to the Animal Quarantine Supervisor or Senior Animal Quarantine Officer, Ministry of Agriculture, Cook Islands (Ph: + 682 28711, Fax: + 682 21881) at the earliest opportunity and as least one working day before shipping.
6. The animal must be transported in accordance with the recommendations for the transport of live animals of the Office International des Epizooties (OIE) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Live Animal Regulations as appropriate.
7. The animal will be inspected and treated as necessary on arrival in the Cook Islands by a Senior Animal Quarantine Officer or Quarantine Officer and may not leave the Quarantine area of the port of entry until a Permit to Land has been issued.
We look forward to assisting you with your pet transport to the Cook Islands. We are pet transport to the Cook Islands experts.